Aqueon Shrimp Essentials replaces important trace minerals that are vital to invertebrates and are removed through chemical filtration as well as used by individual shrimp in the aquarium. Shrimp and freshwater crayfish have exoskeletons that require additional nutrients for biological processes like molting and osmoregulation. These nutrients help the crustaceans cast off their old exoskeleton and harden the new one. Use when preparing tap water for new aquariums, performing water changes or when adding water due to evaporation. It is helpful to remove chemical filtration, such as carbon or other resins, for a brief time when adding to prevent absorption and help optimize available nutrients. Satisfaction Guarantee.
- Freshwater shrimp and crayfish need additional nutrients for molting and osmoregulation
- Replaces minerals and trace elements needed for strong exoskeleton development
- Suggested to remove chemical filtration, such as carbon, temporarily when dosing
- Ideal for all freshwater shrimp, crawfish and lobsters
- Convenient dosage cap is included – Add 5mL (1 tsp) for every 1 gallon of temperature adjusted tap or purified water