Botia striata, Botia striata kolhapurensis, Botia striatus, Candystripe loach, Zebra Loach
- Native to: The clear mountain streams of Maharashtra and Western Ghats, India
- Sexing: Mature females will have a rounder abdomen.
- Max size: 4 inches (10cm)
- Temperature: 73ºF to 81ºF (23-27°C)
- Water parameters: Soft and slightly acidic is best. pH: 7.0 or below, dH: <12 degrees
The Zebra Loach is a peaceful, active, shoaling species that should be maintained in groups of 5 or more in the community aquarium. Ensure that there are plenty of hiding places in the aquarium amongst driftwood, caves, and plants. Clean, well-aerated water is a must.