LIMITED TIME SALE! 1 WEEK ONLY!!! OUR BEST DEAL ON FLOUNDER EVER!!!!
Brachirus panoides, Freshwater Sole, Tonguefish
- Temperament: Good for a community tank if fish in tank are bigger than the flounder
- Max Size: up to 5″ (in the wild while much smaller in captivity)
- Swimming Level: Bottom
- Experience Level: Easy
- Optimal Aquarium Setup: They spend virtually all of their time scavenging the bottom.
To feel secure, they like to bury themselves in gravel or sand. It is not unusual to see only a pair of eyes poking up through the gravel. pH: 7.0 – 8.0 / Water Tempurature: 74 – 82F
- Diet: Carnivore – We suggest they be fed a diet of live, freeze dried or fresh frozen foods such as brine shrimp and bloodworms.
- Origin, Appearance and additional notations: This freshwater member has been said to have had worldwide origins but is mostly know to come from Asia specifically Thailand.
Most species live in the ocean but a few smaller types are sometimes found in the mouths of rivers where they dump into the ocean so they will do well in either fresh or brackish water tanks. These are an interesting species that will do quite well in an aquarium if given the correct environment.