- Congo Tetra
- Congo Salmon
- Phenacogrammus interruptus
- Size: 5″ max
- pH: 6.0 – 7.5 (6.7 ideal)
- dH: 4 – 18 (7ideal)
- Temp: 73 – 82F,
- Origin: Western Africa, Zaire Congo River
- Additives: Black Water Expert found at Aquarium Chemicals
- Food: New Life Spectrum “Community Fish Formula” found at Fish Foods
The Congo Tetra is a peaceful fish recommended for most community tanks. They have flowing fins that some have described as shimmering and the main color tends to be silver with an orange glow. The Congo Tetra is a timid and easily frightened fish. It is sensitive to noise and water pollutants. Frequent partial water changes are required for the Congo Tetra to thrive. Males are larger and more colorful. Males have elongated dorsal, anal, and caudal fins A pair should be kept in heavily planted tank with soft water.
Size at shipping: 1.5+” SHIPS GREAT!